An old friend is visiting the Research Center this week. Dr. Allan Schoenherr, Emeritus Professor of Ecology at Fullerton College, and author of the recently published 2nd edition of A Natural History of California (UC Press) is here teaching a training course (Understanding and Interpreting Deserts) for California State Parks. The group photo here (courtesy of Elaine Tulving) represents 286 years of desert rats (L-R: Jim Dice (UCI), Dr. Allan Schoenherr, Bob Theriault (UCI), and Larry Hendrickson (State Parks).
- 2018 Sheep count results July 3, 2018
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park mule deer family in Sentenac Cienega. June 19, 2018
- USD summer fieldwork conducting aquatic invertebrate surveys June 6, 2018
- A visit by a thirsty Bobcat last week at the reserve’s water feature. May 11, 2018
- Yearly transect work on the reserve April 25, 2018