On January 9th we celebrate the birthday of Audrey Steele Burnand, benefactress of the Steele/Burnand Anza-Borrego Desert Research Center. It was Mrs. Burnand’s generous gift to UC Irvine that made our facility happen and the endowment continues to ensure that we will operate into the future. Our Center is named in honor of her parents, Harry and Grace Steele, and her father-in-law, A.A. Burnand Jr. Happy Birthday Mrs. Burnand!
- 2018 Sheep count results July 3, 2018
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park mule deer family in Sentenac Cienega. June 19, 2018
- USD summer fieldwork conducting aquatic invertebrate surveys June 6, 2018
- A visit by a thirsty Bobcat last week at the reserve’s water feature. May 11, 2018
- Yearly transect work on the reserve April 25, 2018