An old friend is visiting the Research Center this week. Dr. Allan Schoenherr, Emeritus Professor of Ecology at Fullerton College, and author of the recently published 2nd edition of A Natural History of California (UC Press) is here teaching a training course (Understanding and Interpreting Deserts) for California State Parks. The group photo here (courtesy of Elaine Tulving) represents 286 years of desert rats (L-R: Jim Dice (UCI), Dr. Allan Schoenherr, Bob Theriault (UCI), and Larry Hendrickson (State Parks).
- Botany Society presents: The genetics of the rare Wolf’s Cholla (Cylindropuntia wolfii) November 11, 2022
- Yaqui Pass to Yaqui Ridge to Pinyon Ridge Traverse October 7, 2020
- Santa Ana Dust Event January 30, 2020
- Protected: Borrego Palm Grove Fire January 18, 2020 Regeneration Timeline January 27, 2020
- Evaluating Particulate Matter Air Quality in Borrego Springs and Air Quality Salton Sea presentations 1-12-2020 January 14, 2020